Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Pregnant lady with sight

When I was pregnant I had a few moments where I impressed myself and really got to flex my "knowing" and dream muscles fully.  My husband and I had been trying to have a baby for a long time.  The time that stuck (TMI I know!) I felt like I had a light bulb switch on above my head.  I looked at my husband afterward and said "Well, guess we are having a baby now."  He gave me a funny look and we went on with our night.

I didn't give it much thought after that.  In fact, I actually forgot about it.  A week later I was walking around my neighborhood in Virginia and I stopped in my tracks.  I heard a voice plain as day say "Take it easy, you've got a baby in there!"  I stood there for a solid five minutes with my mouth hanging open not sure what to say or do.  I stayed silent about my revelation and waited very impatiently for the next week so I could take a pregnancy test.

At the exact 14 day mark since that day I declared "it stuck" to my husband I got up at midnight and peed on that stick.  I wasn't surprised to see that it was positive.

A month went by until I had my next occurrence of sight.  I had the most vivid dream of a dark haired little boy who I knew was my son.  He had huge brown eyes and looked just like my husband and me.  I woke up and elbowed my husband awake and told him what I saw.  He was excited at the thought of having a boy and we both became pretty impatient waiting those next few months for the ultrasound to check his gender.  I didn't need that ultrasound though.  I started calling him a "he" from that day forward and I wasn't wrong.

The last instance was two days before I had my son.  I woke up that  morning and heard a voice tell me to get as much done as possible over the next two days because I was having my son early.  I took full advantage.  I scrubbed the house, prepared food for the next week for my husband, and even gave myself a manicure and pedicure.  The next day I got up and told my husband that we needed to go out to eat and shop and do whatever we wanted that day because it was our last day being a twosome.  We went to dinner and shopped and had a great time.

That night I got in bed and silently told the voice I always hear that I was ready.  I did what I needed to do to prepare and I was ready.  That was at 10:00pm.  At midnight my water broke and by 1:00 am I was in the hospital and in labor.

I look back at that time fondly and with awe.  I don't think I've ever been that in tune with my body.  It was so fascinating and amazing to have this voice preparing me every step of the way.  And for that I am incredibly thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment