Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Hotel Schöne Aussicht Garni---A Haunted Hotel in Bavaria

30 seconds.  That's all it took for me to realize this place was haunted.  My friend, Erika, and I stayed in this small hotel this past weekend.  It was hidden in the hills of Garmisch-Partenkirchen, surrounded by the Bavarian Alps.  The scenery was peaceful and calm, but the entire area is very, very old.  We walked up the stairs and down the hallway to our room and I instantly said "Oh I will have a blog post to write after this."  I stood there looking down the dark hallway into the eyes of three spirits.  And when I closed my eyes and relaxed my mind, I counted way more than that in the building.  It was so overwhelming, and so hard to breathe.

When we shut the door to our room and put our bags down, I felt many of the spirits gather around our door.  They were very curious about us.   I mean, poking their heads and hands through the door and walls type curious.  It was just creepy.  And I'm just standing there trying to act normal so my friend doesn't swear off taking trips with me again.  Luckily, she's an understanding woman.

So these ghosts (at this point I counted six) were literally climbing through the walls.  Erika and I unpacked, cleaned up, applied our makeup, changed clothes, and got the heck out of there so we could sight-see and eat some delicious Bavarian food.  I was never so happy to leave a place as I was at that moment.  I just couldn't take how heavy and crowded our room, and the hotel as a whole, felt.  

We came back from dinner a couple of hours later and started our individual night time routines.  Both of us being avid readers, we happily got in our beds and read the books we brought.  As I read, I noticed two spirits climbing up the walls and onto the ceiling directly over my bed.  Neither of them looked spooky in appearance.  They both appeared to be in their 30's and from the 50's or 60's era.  One was male and the other was female.  Both had dark hair, with the woman having long flowing locks.  She was actually quite beautiful.  Other than the fact that she was distorting her body and climbing on the ceiling, of course.  I don't think that ever gets easy to see.  It was just a bit much.  I did my best to ignore them, but by that time I was wide awake.

By 10:00 pm we turned out the lights and tried to go to sleep.  I remained in my bed, looking up at the ceiling, watching all the spirits move about us.  Then I hear Erika say "I'm going to the bathroom."  To which I responded "Ok."  I watched her get out of bed, walk across the room, and out the door toward the communal bathroom in the hallway.  Fifteen minutes roll by and I begin to worry.  I wondered why she hadn't come back yet.  But then, I sit up and look over at her bed and see her sound asleep as if she never moved.  Come to find out, she really never did move.  It wasn't her that got up and spoke to me, which I found out the next morning.  Apparently, this is not an uncommon occurrence for her.  People in her family have reported experiencing the same thing; talking to and seeing her move through the house and then find out she was upstairs the entire time.  I'm not sure what that means, if she has a spirit attached to her or if she just astral projects herself, or what.  Whatever it is, it gave me chills.  I think that night she out creeped me, and I love her for that!

Other than that bizarre happening and the unsettling ghosts crawling all over the place, we had one other major experience.  And the fun part about that was that it happened both nights.  ALL. NIGHT. LONG.  No joke.  We had activity all night, both nights we slept there.

It all started innocently enough that first night.  I was in my bed, lights out, and began hearing loud booms, bangs, scratching, and what sounded like someone dragging something heavy across the floor above us.  These extremely loud noises carried on from 11:00 pm until 5:30 am both nights.  By the second night, Erika wasn't having it.  She got on our balcony and fussed at the people above us, fairly assuming they were partying all hours of the night.  The thing was, the ceiling, floors, and walls were all concrete.  Not much noise was going to penetrate that.  Secondly, these noises were too repetitive.  The dragging, scraping, and booms didn't sound like people.  And if it were, what on earth would they have been doing?!  The big kicker was that these noises continued well into the morning when we got up to leave for our trip back home.  Were they still dragging sacks of grain/dead bodies/etc across the floor?  It just didn't add up.

And lastly, the big factor for me that led me to know for certain that those noises didn't come from the living was the continuous glimpses of spirits I saw both nights.  They poked their heads through the ceiling and both walls.  They were letting me know it was them.  But why?!  I have no idea.  It was almost like they were having a blast and wanted to excitedly pop in and say "See?!  It was me!!" or "Look at me having all this fun!"  I mean, how do I explain that to my friend?

We left frustrated and tired, but I also left renewed in a way.  It has been a long time since I've slept in a place with so much activity.  It was exhilarating and fun, and I am grateful for the experience.  Now I'm trying to convince my husband to go with me so I can take lots of pictures (something I failed to do this time) and have even more incredible encounters and stories.  Sometimes I really love my life.  It is never boring...

Thank you for reading my blog.

P.S. Big shout out to Erika for being so cool with me writing about her and for putting up with my weirdness.  She's the real MVP ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment